The Asian-American Contexts certificate is a qualification you can receive from an accredited seminary if you are interested in going into a Christian ministry with a focus on the Asian-American demographic. Although it is not necessarily a requirement for any type of ordination, having this qualification will definitely give you a head-start if you are applying later on to a ministry with a large population of Asian-Americans.
Of course, the pastorate isn’t necessarily the only place where a degree of this type would be useful. Obviously, many mission boards would look favorably upon this type of degree as well. You also would have solid qualifications applying to an Asian-American non-profit with this qualification. These degree programs all indicate that the school has a solid Asian studies program. Thus, if you are sensing a call to minister to individuals with Asian descent, consider one of these seminaries for their excellent Asian studies programs.
Accredited Seminaries with Asian-American Contexts Certificates
- Fuller Theological Seminary(Certificate in Asian American Contexts)
- Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary via GTSU (Certificate in Asian and Oceanic Cultures and Faith Traditions)
Interested in other seminary certificates and degrees? Check out:
- D.Miss. degrees
- Ph.D. in Intercultural Studies degrees
- M.A. in Intercultural Studies degrees
- M.A. in Global Leadership degrees
- Islamic Studies certificates
There are still many other accredited seminary certificates avaialble.