Most educational institutions, from pre-kindergarten through doctoral programs, teach evolution as the prevailing scientific theory of how the world developed. Some conservative christian bible colleges continue to teach creationism, however. If you’d prefer to go to a creationist bible college, here are some of the most well-known accredited ones.
What is Creationism?
Creationism is a theory that holds to a very literal reading of the Bible’s account of how the world came to be. The theory holds to a six-day creation period that consists of 24-hour days, and it teaches that the world was brought into its completed form during that brief period of time.
Along with creationism, the theory usually holds to a young-earth theory that claims the world is only a few thousand years old (as opposed to millions of years old). Researchers within relevant fields have developed hypotheses and theories that explain the presence of fossils, rock formations, and other phenomena that evolutionists also study.
What Bible Colleges Teach Creationism?
There aren’t a lot of accredited bible colleges that teach creationism, but a few still do. These are generally fundamental bible colleges and conservative bible colleges. They also usually espouse evangelical and dispensational beliefs, although not all evangelical or dispensational bible colleges teach creationism. Many teach evolutionary theory instead.
Some of the most well-known creationist bible colleges are:
- Appalachian Bible College, a conservative chrisitan bible college in West Virginia
- Bob Jones University, a fundamental bible college in South Carolina
- Bryan College, a conservative two- and four-year college in Tennessee
- Calvary University, a conservative on-site and online bible college in Missouri
- Clarks Summit University, a conservative baptist university in Pennsylvania
- Crossroads Bible College, a conservative bible college in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Emmaus Bible College, a conservative bible college in Dubuque, Iowa
- Jackson Hole Bible College, a conservative bible college in Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Maranatha Baptist University, a conservative baptist school in Wisconsin
- Patrick Henry College, a conservative bible school in Virginia
- Pensacola Christian College, a conservative christian college in Florida
- Shasta Bible College and Graduate School, a conservative bible college in Californa
- Verity Christian Education, a two- and four-year school in Indiana
Find a Bible College for You
To learn more about bible colleges and what ones might fit your theological views, check out our bible college by denomination lists. We cover conservative and liberal colleges, along with everything in between.