A certificate in youth ministry is a seminary program that’s shorter than most graduate theology degrees. Students normally complete for-credit courses, but the number of required credits is kept minimal. Some seminary schools may require students to have a bachelor degree before enrolling in a certificate program, but this isn’t always a prerequisite.
Youth ministry certificates may be of interest to anyone involved in youth ministry. Youth pastors, children’s ministry directors and lay people who don’t already have seminary training specifically in training youth and young adults.
Accredited Seminaries with Youth Ministry Certificates
- Denver Seminary (Certificate in Youth and Family Studies)
- Fuller Theological Seminary (Certificate in Youth Ministry)
- Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg (Youth Ministry Certificate)
- North Park Theological Seminary (Youth Ministry Certificate)
Looking for more seminary programs? You may be interested in:
- M.A. in Youth and Family Ministry degrees
- M.S. in Marital and Family Therapy degrees
- Ed.D. in Educational Studies degrees
- M.Div. degrees
- D. Min. degrees
Alternatively, see all the seminary degrees and certificates listed.