The seminary Certificate in Spiritual Formation is a graduate-level certificate program of Christian and doctrinal study that may be taken as an add-on to an existing theology-related graduate degree or as an independent course of graduate studies for those who seek to extend their knowledge at this level. It is designed for pastors or para-church workers who would like to learn more about helping parishioner grow in their spiritual development and learning of foundational Christian concepts.
The majority of accredited Christian Formation Certificates from seminaries provide graduate coursework that emphasizes concepts related to Christian growth and maturity through a deeper understanding of the historic creeds, statements of faith, church history, and historic heresies confronted over the centuries. A certificate in spiritual formation generally has the goal of producing a student who has a firm grasp of the faith and knows how to help others to achieve that goal as well.
Seminaries with Spiritual Formation Programs
- Denver Seminary (Certificate in Christian Formation)
- George Fox Evangelical Seminary (Spiritual Direction Certification)
- George Fox Evangelical Seminary (Spiritual Direction Supervisor Certification)
- George Fox Evangelical Seminary (Spiritual Formation and Discipleship Certification)
- North Park Theological Seminary (Certificate in Spiritual Direction)
- Talbot School of Theology (Certificate in Spiritual Formation)
See more seminary certificate and degree programs:
- M.A. in Spiritual Direction
- Master of Theological Studies
- Master of Divinity
- Christian Studies Certificate
- Youth Ministry Certificate
Alternatively, view many more theology programs.