A person with interest in missions who would like to test the waters before deciding to enter the field full-time is the ideal candidate for a Missions Certificate from an accredited seminary. The program is also an excellent option for those who desire to become missionaries or explore the possibility of serving overseas.
The certificate in Missions typically comprises of around 12-credit hours of graduate level courses that provide a thorough overview of the topic of missions. Seminary-level coursework assures that the credits are transferable if the student desires to apply them to a graduate degree in the future.
The student can expect to learn what ministry looks like in cross-cultural environments. They will develop skills in leadership, discipleship, missions, evangelism, theology, and biblical knowledge.
There are Mission Certificate degrees available for those who are considering missions and those who are already active in missions but need educational support on the field.
Seminaries with Missions Certificate Programs
- Denver Seminary (Certificate in Justice and Mission)
- Fuller Theological Seminary (Certificate for Missionaries)
Seminaries with Certificates in Intercultural Studies
- North Park Theological Seminary (Intercultural Ministry Certificate)
More graduate theology school programs:
- Church Planting Certificate
- M.A. in Global Leadership
- M.A. in Intercultural Studies
- Ph.D. in Intercultural Studies
- D.Miss. (Doctor of Missiology)
Our full list of accredited seminary school programs.