Addictions can be powerful and scary, disrupting the lives of those afflicted for years, not to mention affecting their family and close friends. An addiction is a condition characterized by the compulsive use of substances or behaviors that are detrimental to a person’s well-being. Addiction is complex because it affects both the mind and the body. Harmful addictions are rampant in our society, and yes, even in our churches.
Fortunately, addiction is treatable. A Certificate in Recovery Ministry is fundamental for people wishing to learn how to help the addicted, especially in or related to a church setting. This certificate provides a comprehensive introduction to the forms of abuse common in addiction. It explores the approaches for addiction treatment. Available at some divinity schools and seminaries, the Recovery Ministry Certificate program offers a foundation for those seeking to work with the afflicted in a compassionate and knowledgable manner.
Accredite Seminaries with Recovery Ministry Certificates
- Fuller Theological Seminary (Certificate in Recovery Ministry)
Looking for more seminary programs?
- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology
- Master of Theological Studies and Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Marital and Family Therapy
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Youth Ministry Certificates
See all the accredited seminary programs we cover.