You may be interested in studying at Pentecostal Bible Colleges. The Pentecostal movement exists in many protestant denominations, but one common thread is that they adhere to several key doctrines such as an emphasis on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, the Finished Work of Christ’s atonement on the cross, Spiritual and Physical healing, as well as embracing the Gifts of the Spirit like Speaking in Tongues, prophecy, divine healings, and visions.
There are over 700 different denominations in the Pentecostal family and several mainline denominations with significant Pentecostal influences. Pentecostal Bible Colleges seek to prepare students to have deep understandings of these key Pentecostal characteristics and be equipped to faithfully deliver them to their congregations. Pentecostal Bible Colleges usually stress knowing God through the power of the Holy Spirit and through the experience of spiritual gifts and how they are poured out on the church universal and upon individuals.
Assemblies of God USA Bible Colleges
Officially the General Council of the Assemblies of God, the Assemblies of God USA is a pentecostal denomination that has churches throughout the United States. The denomination is characterized by conservative, arminian and evangelical theology, and known for emphasizing the baptism of the Holy Spirit, gift of tongues, divine healings and Christ’s second coming.
- Native American Bible College, an AG Bible college that caters to Native Americans
- Trinity Bible College and Graduate School, an Assemblies of God school
Another Bible college is officially independent but has historic ties to the AG:
- Latin American Bible Institute, a Bible Institute with historic AG ties
Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada Bible College
The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada is a well-known pentecostal denomination. It emphasizes classic pentecostal teachings, such as baptism of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues, and it has strong historic ties with the Assemblies of God in the United States. The PAOC is one of three Canadian Assemblies of God branches, and it’s the country’s largest evangelical denomination.
There are several Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada Bible colleges:
- Horizon College and Seminary, a Bible college and seminary of the PAOC
- Summit Pacific College, a Bible college of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada
- Vanguard College, a Bible college of the PAOC
Open Bible Standard Churches Bible College
The Open Bible Standard Churches is a pentecostal denomination headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa. Churches in the denomination generally call their own pastors and own their own property, but doctrinally they’re very similar to the Assemblies of God.
There’s at least one Open Bible Standard Churches Bible college:
- New Hope Christian College, an Open Bible Churches Bible college
Other Undergraduate Christian Schools and Bible Colleges for Pentecostal Students
In addition to the above schools that are tied to official denominations, there are several other independent Bible colleges that are theologically pentecostal or have historic ties to the denomination.
The following Bible colleges are independent from particular pentecostal denominations but respected within the tradition:
- Eston College, a pentecostal college
- Kings University, a pentecostal and charismatic university
- Life Pacific College, a Bible college affiliated with the pentecostal Foursquare Church
- Masters College and Seminary, a pentecostal Bible school
- Northpoint Bible College, a pentecostal Bible college
- SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary, a pentecostal and charismatic Bible college
- Universidad Pentecostal Mizpa, a pentecostal school in Puerto Rico
- Valor Christian College, a Christian college started by a pentecostal church
See more Christian Bible colleges:
- Baptist Bible Colleges
- Conservative Bible Colleges
- Evangelical Bible Colleges
- Pietistic and Holiness Movement Bible Colleges
- African-American Bible Colleges
See all the denominational lists of Bible schools we have.